Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day Sixty five

Just like brand new snow that looks so amazing, and then melts to reveal the ugly dirty snow beneath it we have to be careful to stay in the attitude of new snow.  What the heck am I talking about? 

Yesterday I had new photos taken thanks to my dear friend Joy of Augeson Photography.  She spent the time needed to get the most amazing shots, ones that I love!  Now, in the past I would have criticized all of the photos personally noting all the things I hate about the way I look.  Yes, I am that weird!

This time, I started a little and then pulled right back.  I am excited about these photos, and even shared them!  My friends told me that they loved them too and now?  I am so happy to have them AND look at them.  Why not?  Why do we pick ourselves apart that way? 

Today I challenge you to think in the mindset of new snow.  It is all prettied up and looking fresh.  Let yourself enjoy without being critical.  Just smile , inside and out.

Todays quote:

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.  ~Theodore Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment