Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day Eight

Have you ever been on a diet and you find yourself in a room surrounded by amazing holiday foods, that you get to enjoy just once or twice a year?  WOW!  That was my today:)  All I can say is YUMMM! 

Today, I knew that I would be celebrating the promotion of my friend Sue, and gathering with our friends.  I also knew that this day would be 12 hours of creative time, a big special luncheon and snacks on the buffet that would go on for miles.  Everything looked great and what a big treat!  What did I do? 

First, I had a plan.  I had the breakfast that I have all week.  Even though I was running busy, I knew that I had to stick with the plan.  If I set myself up with a plan, I could follow through with it.  If I went into it giving myself permission to do anything, that is when disaster would strike.  I decided that I would have a couple little treats during the day too.  For lunch, we had an awesome stroganoff.  I had less noodles, and less in portion.  Of course, I had a small piece of Sues celebration cake too.  But not overdoing it, which was important.  I felt like I was in conrol and did a good job.  Its ok to live while you are changing the way you think about the foods you eat.  Enjoy life, and let yourself live it!

Todays quote:

Well done is better than well said.  ~Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment