Monday, January 31, 2011

Day Thirty One

Mondays.  How I love them!  Well today is just as wonderful, and let me tell you why.  I had a revalation this weekend and it is SO funny how it practically jumped in front of me.  I know from being  a Minnesotan, that we love to feed our people.  If you show up at someones house, they offer you something to drink and eat.  If you go somewhere for an event, there is food, and they expect  you to eat.  Minnesota just puts on a big feast wherever you go!

Funny also, is the fact that we do it to our own kids!  Just this morning I was thinking how nice it would be if I made them blueberry pancakes.  Although they had to have breakfast anyway, so pancakes were a nice treat.  I guess the idea is to make sure you need to eat, when you are offered something and accept it.  Otherwise it just gets messy:)

Today, I am TOTALLY believeing that I can do this.  I know how hard can be to turn down the normal things like Birthday cake, or other treats when you just dont need to eat them.  It is common courtesy to accept.  Now, lets just hope there is nothing yummy in Cancun while I am on my trip.  Or do I simply be ok with better choices? 

Todays quote:

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires.  Seek discipline and find your liberty.  ~Frank Herbert, Dune Chronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment