Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day Six

Approaching the end of week one and I am still really excited about making this big change.  I dont know about you, but I kinda obsess about my weight and the size I am...Did you ever see the movie " Whats Eating Gilbert grape?"  Well, one of the reasons I love the movie is that Johnny Depp is in it and he has never disappointed me in a performance.  What a character, but one of the lines in the movie really makes me think.  There is a discussion between Gilbert's ( Johnny) girlfriend and his Mother.  Now, his Mother is a very large woman and is embarassed by her size.  She says to the girlfriend " I wasn't always like this" and the girlfriend says " Well, I wasn't always like this."  

It is interesting to think about how people perceive themselves and how they value things differently.  I have friends that apologise for things in their lives and I feel just awful that they have a need to do that.  It's ok.  This is where you are.  This is what you need help with...These are the things in your life that are overwhelming, but that does NOT define who you are.  Who you are is the person inside, that wants to be free.  Living your life as an example instead of being held down by yourself is a big challenge.  Who do you want to be?  Whats holding you back from being that person? 

Check back tomorrow for the entire scoop on what I am doing,the progress of the first week and a fun photo that will make you laugh:)

Todays quote:

"The person you are is the person you have chosen to be."
Annette

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette, it is good to reconnect with you. It has been a (really) long time. I am going through something similar, other than the babies. I am close to my first goal, which is losing 25 pounds (10% of my starting weight of 243). I'm shooting for 210 and then 200, although I am more concerned with my waist size, as I train a lot with weights, which will keep me from losing pounds as quickly. I look forward to see what your plan is, and see what things I can steal! I have become a big fan of The Biggest Loser. It has become an inspirational show for me, seeing how people who are much further away from what they want than I am can get there and stay there. I'd wish you good luck, but I know it isn't about luck! Blessings to you. Edited my original comment for typos.

    ReplyDelete