Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day Four

Exercise is SO not how I wanted to start the day...truly, at 5am the only thing I could think of was my evening class Tecki Tuesday.  I really wanted to get right onto the computer and get a jump start on my blogs, FB, Twitter, and networking groups.  Exercise?  It would have been simple to just blow right by that thought all together.  But I have a committment to myself.  If I am not really working this new plan to the max of my capabilities, how can I expect others to believe in me?  And so, the thoughts of other things had to go...for a little while anyway.

Exercise has changed for me over the years.  Remember the days of Jane Fonda and her lower body workout?  I do, and it was SO much fun.  I loved dancing to the music and getting the moves just right.  That was a challenge that was a blast to take on...and then there was the  health clubs.  We joined US Swim and Fitness around the time that Sara was born, so about 19 years ago.  I had the best time doing the step aerobics to the original version of " Life is a Highway".  Ok, I love the new version that Rascal Flatts has now too. Moving along, there was the Windsor Pilates  movement.  I absolutely love this as I danced as a kid and it was easy for me to balance and also do the motions.  This is the only version of Pilates that I loved although there are many on the market.  Oh, remember Gunnar Peterson's workout with the big grey ball came out?  I thought that was the BEST!  It was really fun for me again, and I dove right into it...still do that one actually, just that once a month doesnt cut it anymore:)  Time to change that to once a day...

The idea that exercise is always there and there are many ways to enjoy it.  It is not the same for everyone, you have to find what works for YOU! 

People are like snowflakes, and God made every one different.  We all need to take some action to be healthy, as it is tough.  The decisions that we make everyday will afffect the rest of our lives.  The food we eat, when and where we eat it, how much we take in...those are things to really think about when making the choices we do.  And exercise...that is a big part of it. 

I have to say I love those TV ads where the old guy is dancing.  The idea is to move it, no  matter what you have to do.  The guy is so fun to watch and I understand.  It is about doing what you can, when you can.  That group of ads is motivating, for sure.

Back to exercise...today I added a full set of my regular workout to the day.  My gosh, I only  have another 86 days to do this.  But it will not stop there.  This is a new choice, and a new way of life for me.  I got to be casual for the last 44 years, now its time to get serious.  I  am excited to see the results!

Check back everyday of course, but Friday especially...the most unflattering of photos is to be posted starring me:)  AND I will let you in on my plan.  Oh, and its weigh in day to see how much I have lost in the first 7 days.  You wont wanna miss it! 

Todays quote:
It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.  ~e.e. cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment