Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day Two

Sunday morning and the paper is here already!  YAY PAPERBOY!  We are just sitting here relaxing on the morning of the last day of vacation for the kids and the long holiday weekend.  I am inspired by the peace of it all.  It is going to be a great day!

Yesterday being day one, it is always exciting to be in the midst of a new plan.  Losing this weight is going to improve my life so much and I just cant WAIT!  I wish I could blink and make it all magically disappear.  Wouldnt that be nice?  Instead I must wait for results, something I am not very good at.  Patience can be a struggle with me.  You see, I really love being in control.  I know, it is weird to say out loud but I really cant stand the thought of being "out" of control. 

So many times you hear that phrase where people that are overweight are out of control...well for me, I am totally in control.  I am choosing to do all of the things that I do everyday and the way I take care of me is a choice.  Everything that I do, see, act on, eat, it is all a choice.  Why  have I not chosen to do something earlier?  Hmmm, that is a hard one.  I have lost some of the weight a few times over the years.  Once I got to a pretty nice size when my second daughter came along, but then a few months later I was pregnant again with our oldest son.  That was a fat pregnancy!!!  I gained 50 with him...strange since I only gained 15 with the one before.  Oh, the rambling sometimes...:)  Anyway, I gave myself permission to gain the weight.  That was my choice, and I could have done much better.  Well, now I have given myself permission to lose it. 

Today as you roll through your list of activities, chores, and busy days I want you to ask yourself what choices you have?  what are your options?  what are you in control of?  I think I totally went off the deep end chosing to lose 50 pounds but I am in total control of making it as far as I can.  It is my choice.

Todays Quote:

People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself.  But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates.  ~Thomas Szasz, "Personal Conduct," The Second Sin, 1973

No comments:

Post a Comment