Friday, January 7, 2011

Day Seven

Ok, so today is the DAY!  I am so excited to share with you the changes I have made, and the way I plan to lose the weight.  Today is Friday, and it is going to be a great one!!! 

I must share that when I got on the scale this morning my first weeks weight loss is exactly 12 pounds. WAHOO!!!   I bet you can hear me screaming the happy song right now, wherever you are.  This is SO COOL!  I am really happy, and know that taking this happy along the rest of the journey will be important.  Not every week will be fantastic on the scale like this was, and I am ok with that.  This certainly is a great jump start though.  I did my best, and followed the plan...
I had to do what Oprah always says..." surround yourself with people that are smarter than you".  I am no expert in healthy weight loss, and I did not want to get overwhelmed with making a plan based on my health, diet needs etc...so I met with someone who could professionally do this for me.   Meet LoAnn Madden!





LoAnn is my personal wellness coach.  I met with her before starting my 90 days and she helped me to develop a program that works for me.  She gave me a free shake so that I could see what the products were all about.  LoAnn really listened to my needs, my lifestyle and created a custom plan.  She will do the same for you!

So, what is my plan?  Its simple...I am following her recommendations and during the day here is my diet.

2 - Tea ( I drink mine cold and peach is my fave flavor)
2 - Nutritional Shakes - LOVE the Pina Colada with yogurt and banana blended in. 
2 - healthy snacks - 2 ounces of cheese, a 1/4 cup of nuts or other recommendations on the list.  I also love to use the Creamy Chicken soup, or the Vanilla Almond Protein Bars. 
LoAnn says for dinner, to have a colorful plate!  It really is simple, balancing out the protein, veggies/fruits and breads.  She keeps it easy for me to follow and the best thing is that someone else is leading it.  I just follow. 

There were a couple of days that I just plain got more hungry than others.  I added another light snack off the list and the day continued as normal.  Just follow the plan, I tell myself:)  Just follow the plan...and it will work.

Honestly, the reason I do not like "diets" is that I do not want to think about an entire lifestyle change.  Its overwhelming!  Even though I understand that it has to change, I need to make it  more manageable for me.  I have a busy life, REALLY busy and having someone else work with me to make a plan I can follow is definitely the way for me. 

Added to the plan LoAnn has helped me with, is the additon of exercise of course.  I have started working out again with some of the basics of Gunner Petersons core workout.  It is easy for me and I love it.

Find a way that works for you...there is a right way for you too.  Some people love going to the gym.  Thats very cool.  I prefer to work out at home, and if it works for you just do it! 

So today, at 12 pounds lighter I am choosing to celebrate the first big step.  Long way to go?  Yes, but why dwell on that.  Its the same as when I exercise...and instead of counting down, I count what I have achieved. 

Todays quote:

Don't be fooled by the calendar.  There are only as many days in the year as you make use of.  ~Charles Richards

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first week's results! I myself have become a gym rat (Anytime Fitness). I love to see growth in my strength and endurance. I do a lot of ab work using a big ball. I have seen Gunner P.'s infomercials. Maybe I'll have to scrounge up one of his DVD's to see any new exercises I can add. Anyway, keep up the good work and thinking, as well as prayer, as we know that God is the one who is our strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In fact, I'm heading off to the club right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you John!!! I hope you have fun at the Gym. And yes, check out Gunnars workouts. They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete