Friday, January 14, 2011

Day Fourteen

Friday!  Happy Happy Friday...and why do you ask?  Well, of course it is the beginning of the weekend so my family will be around more.  But the cool thing with my new plan and Fridays is that I can check on my progress for the past week and let you know how it is going.  Let's go over this week and what has happened in real life with me.

Last week I had a really great Friday, weighing in 12 pounds less than when I started.  Hooray!  I absolutely believe in the plan that my coach LoAnn has been helping me with.  I love the products and how they apply to my daily life. 
Saturday we had a big team party and so there was just a little off track action.  I did try the peppermint bark, which was really amazing.  But overall, I did a good job and was truly aware of what my actions were.  That right there is a difference for me. 
Sunday, we ran crazy as a family and I planned to take off for Bismarck Monday morning, but stayed on track quite well...
Monday morning, I packed a couple of snacks, and took off for ND.  Oh, but there was snow.  And lots of it...,my plan did not work so well when we had to stop for fast food along the way.  Our trip time doubled, and we had quick cheese sticks appetizer in ten minutes for dinner until about Midnight when our friend had pizza for us.  Yummy?  Sure, but on the plan?  Not really.
Tuesday, the day to come home...again not really working the plan as I thought I would.   I had totally forgotten to get the portable shake mixes from LoAnn.  That would have helped me stay on track.  Ok, We drove forever, missed dinner again while lost in Millbank SD and ate while driving through fast food since there were no restaurants open after 9pm.  Home at 2am, and then came Wednesday.
Wednesday, up just 4 hours later and run to Networking meeting.  BACK on track...YAY!  But  man, I was dragging...being off healthy and off exercise ( just a little while on the road) slowed me down a bit. 
Thursday, back a little more and felt more in control again.  Until son came home with lunch.  Hmmm...
Thursday night, big vendor event I put on...it would be fun.  I stayed away from what I should...but yes, did have some of daughters drive through dinner on the way. 
Today, back on track again...you see there is never a time when you cant begin again.  Being in control is important and I know it.  Sure last week was picture perfect, but life snuck in this week.  I need to plan for when things come up.  That is the lesson of the week.  Having a plan, and a backup plan will help me succeed in my goals.  Today, I am still down 1.5 pounds and I have learned enough to carry me through. 

Todays quote:
If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.  ~Mary Engelbreit

No comments:

Post a Comment